GLOBUS 2022: Peru Splendors with Peru's Amazon, Arequipa & Colca Canyon (SOY3)
15 days from Lima to Lima
Call (800) 979-2266 for more information or to book today! Mention code 16580130
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 9/30/2022
- 15 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Lima||Welcome to Lima! Meet your Monograms representative at your hotel.|
|Day 2||LIMA-PUERTO MALDONADO-HACIENDA CONCEPCION||LIMA Fly to Puerto Maldonado. PUERTO MALDONADO Motorboat ride up the Madre de Dios River to view the exotic wildlife. Arrive at your Amazon Jungle lodge. HACIENDA CONCEPCION Nature walk through the rainforest led by an expert Naturalist. Nighttime canoe ride with your Naturalist to search for nocturnal animals of the Amazon. (B,L,D)|
|Day 3||Hacienda Concepcion||HACIENDA CONCEPCION This morning, a nature walk through Tambopata National Reserve and a canoe ride around Lake Sandoval with your Naturalist in search of native flora and fauna. This afternoon, explore the rainforest on a Canopy Walkway suspended 100 feet from the ground. After night falls, your Naturalist introduces you to the nocturnal animals of the Amazon. (B,L,D)|
|Day 4||Hacienda Concepcion||HACIENDA CONCEPCION Boat ride to a local farm to learn about the various crops grown in the region. This afternoon, visit a clay lick to observe wildlife from a blind to see the normal routine of fauna without disrupting their environment. (B,L,D)|
|Day 5||HACIENDA CONCEPCION-PUERTO MALDONADO-LIMA||PUERTO MALDONADO Return to Puerto Maldonado and fly to Lima. LIMA Meet your Tour Director at the hotel this evening. (B)|
|Day 6||Lima||LIMA Guided sightseeing includes the Plaza de Armas, the Government Palace, Cathedral, and San Francisco Monastery. Tastings at a [LF] Peruvian food market. Welcome dinner at a local restaurant. (B,D)|
|Day 7||LIMA-CUSCO-SACRED VALLEY||LIMA Fly to Cusco. LIMA Fly to Cusco. SACRED VALLEY Participate in an [LF] El Pago a la Tierra (Mother Earth Ceremony) with local shaman. Visit Awanakancha to see a pre-Columbian weaving demonstration, and llamas, alpacas, guanacos, and vicunas. Free time for shopping Pisac's famous market. (B,L,D)|
|Day 8||SACRED VALLEY-MACHU PICCHU||SACRED VALLEY Visit to the Inca fortress of Ollantaytambo and a [LF] local Peruvian home. Scenic ride on the Vistadome Train through the Urubamba Valley. MACHU PICCHU Guided sightseeing at Machu Picchu. Dinner at your nearby hotel. (B,D)|
|Day 9||Cusco||MACHU PICCHU Second included entrance to Machu Picchu. Afternoon train to the Sacred Valley. Transfer to Cusco. (B,L)|
|Day 10||Cusco||CUSCO Guided sightseeing includes visits to the Cathedral and Santo Domingo Monastery. Traditional [LF] Pasacalle (Andean Parade) and visits to Kenko Amphitheater and the Temple of Sacsayhuaman. Free time this afternoon before a farewell dinner. (B,D)|
|Day 11||Arequipa||CUSCO Fly to Arequipa and meet your Monograms Local Host. AREQUIPA Guided city tour of Arequipa shows off the Plaza de Armas, the cathedral, and the Jesuit Church, considered the best example of the mestizo baroque style. (B)|
|Day 12||Colca Canyon||AREQUIPA Drive across Pampa Canahuas within Aguada Blanca National Reserve, the habitat of vicunas and a variety of birds. Admire beautiful Pre-Columbian terraces still being cultivated by native Collaguas. COLCA CANYON Arrive in Colca Canyon, an impressive geological formation carved out by the river. More than twice as deep as the Grand Canyon, Colca Canyon is one of the deepest in the world. Observe the spectacular terracing, considered among the most extensive in southern Peru. These terraces, which allow cultivation and meticulously controlled irrigation of the steep slopes of the canyon, were built by natives between the 9th and 14th centuries. (B,L)|
|Day 13||Colca Canyon||COLCA CANYON This morning, visit Condors' Cross, an observation point where you have the possibility of observing the flight of the condor in its native habitat. From here, also enjoy the impressive Colca Canyon panorama. Next, visit the town of Yanque before returning to your hotel. (B,L)|
|Day 14||COLCA CANYON-AREQUIPA-LIMA||AREQUIPA Scenic drive to Arequipa. Fly to Lima. LIMA Free time this evening. (B,L)|
|Day 15||Lima||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations ? Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include International airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) ? please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).