Brochure Type: Latin America Luxury Gold 2019
Andean peaks, Amazonian rainforests and Incan ruins treat you to a mystical world of natural beauty, vibrant civilizations, other-worldly relics and colonial towns. Savour the mouthwatering delights of local cuisines, including dinner at a Michelin-starred restaurant in Rio de Janeiro and a selection of Peruvian delicacies at the esteemed Astrid y Gaston in Lima.
- Buenos Aires: Savour a delicious meal, fabulous live music, solo singers and a breathtaking display of authentic tango at Rojo Tango.
- Cusco: Dine at MAP restaurant, one of the city's most prominent restaurants, situated on the lively, modern patio of the Museum of Pre-Colombian Art. This contemporary Peruvian haute cuisine restaurant offers an artistic dining experience, candlelit for a dazzling evening ambiance.
- Lima: Over a hot chocolate or authentic cafe pasado, learn the secrets and discover the unique flavour of Peruvian coffee with an expert barista.
- Macchu Picchu: Learn how to blend the perfect pisco sour.
- Rio de Janeiro: Indulge in a classic buffet style lunch amid a lavish setting at the Belle Epoque, Confeitaria Colombo.
- Sacred Valley: Delight in a Pachamama Feast prepared in an underground oven and served in an exquisite garden in Ollantaytambo.
- Santiago: Visit Kingston Family Winery, a small boutique winery located in Casablanca Valley for an introduction to and tasting of their exquisite wines.
- Dining Summary: 21 Breakfasts (B), 11 Lunches (L) and 15 Dinners (DW).
- Aguas Calientes: With a Local Expert, explore the cloud forest, visit a working tea plantation and an orchid farm.
- Buenos Aires: With a Local Expert, your comprehensive city exploration includes a visit to the splendid Belle Epoque Teatro Colon.
- Cusco: With a Local Expert, practice your bartering skills at a local market. Enjoy a fun challenge of purchasing items from the market (with money and a list supplied by your Travelling Concierge) for the best prices possible. All purchases are later donated to local needy families.
- Iguassu Falls: Join a Local Expert for a spectacular walk past thundering curtains of water and misty rainbows on both Brazilian and Argentinian sides of the falls.
- Lake Titicaca: Cruise the lake and learn about the lifestyle and customs of the local people, who bundle reeds from the lake to build floating platforms, houses and canoes.
- Lima: Experience the beautiful 'City of Kings' through the eyes of a Local Expert.
- Machu Picchu: Spend a full day exploring the ancient Inca citadel of Machu Picchu, rediscovered by American historian Hiram Bingham in 1911 after being forgotten for centuries. A Local Expert helps you understand the enigmatic fortress abandoned by the Incas in the 16th century.
- Puno: Explore Sillustani to view the stone burial towers 'chullpas' that have dotted the shores since pre-Inca times.
- Rio de Janeiro: Partake in a stunning show of extravagant costumes and enthralling music, songs and dances at Ginga Tropical.
- Sacred Valley: Learn of the importance of ancient rituals to the people of the Sacred Valley as a local shaman performs a a centuries-old ritual just for you that expresses reverence to the Earth.
- Santiago: Meet a Local Expert for an exploration of the Chilean capital.
- Buenos Aires: Distinguishable by its architecture and decor, the Alvear Palace Hotel is a hallmark of world class hotels.
- Cusco: The stylishly decorated and luxurious JW Marriott El Convento Cusco is built atop ancient Incan ruins.
- Iguassu: The luxurious Belmond das Cataratas is the only hotel inside the National Park and sits alongside the falls.
- Lake Titicaca: Enjoy the sunsets on the lake from the only five-star hotel region, the Libertador.
- Lima: Explore the very best of Peru's capital city at the JW Marriott Hotel Lima.
- Machu Picchu: Inkaterra Machu Picchu Pueblo Hotel is an intimate Andean village with terraced hills, waterfalls, stone pathways and 81 whitewashed adobe casitas tucked away in the cloud forest.
- Rio de Janeiro: With a prime location overlooking Copacabana Beach, the iconic Belmond Copacabana Palace offers an unforgettable stay in timeless luxury.
- Sacred Valley: The elegant Tambo del Inka will ensure an indelible stay.
- Santiago: The Singular Santiago is a five-star luxury hotel located in the Lastarria section of Chile's capital.
- Lima: Meet painter, sculptor and local legend, Victor Delfin, best known for his monumental El Beso sculpture in Parque del Amore, Miraflores. Explore his oceanview workshop in the arts district and chat with Victor as he shares stories about his life.
- Rio de Janeiro: Meet Bob Nadkarni, a local club owner, and hear how he created one of the most famous jazz clubs in all of South America, The Maze.
- You will be escorted by one of our fine Travelling Concierges, handpicked to serve as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Enjoy the comfort of Luxury Gold's air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom, onboard restroom and and complimentary bottled water for you to enjoy while travelling.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary.
- At every hotel, you'll be treated to seamless baggage handling, with prompt delivery inside your room.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travelling Concierge will enchant you with a Luxury Gold Flourish, which is a local speciality representing the destination.
- Complimentary, private airport transfers are included on start and end dates and when additional accommodation has been booked through Luxury Gold.
Call (800) 979-2266 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14376277
- Tour Operator
- Luxury Gold by Insight
- Offer valid through 6/30/2019
- 22 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Lima||Arrive in Lima, Peru.: Welcome to Peru! On arrival at Lima International Airport, you will be greeted and transferred to your luxurious hotel in Miraflores. You can relax before meeting your Travelling Concierge at 18.00 for a Welcome Dinner, where you'll have the opportunity to get to know your fellow travelers over wine and dinner at Amoramar, in the trendy bohemian district Barranco. (Dinner with Wine)|
JW Marriott Hotel Lima (Ocean View Rooms).
|Day 2||Lima||Lima City of the Kings.: Experience the cultural metropolis of Lima through the eyes of a Local Expert. A mix of modern high rises and ancient temples, you'll delve into the history of the fascinating City of Kings. Explore the UNESCO-listed Historic Centre of Lima, view the cathedral, and visit the Monastery of San Francisco. A Highlight Lunch is served at CALA, known for mouth-watering Peruvian favourites. Experience Lima Your Way and visit the workshop of Victor Delfin, one of Peru's leading artists best known for his monumental El Beso sculpture, or take a guided visit to MATE-Museo Mario Testino, created by one of the world's most influential photographers. (Breakfast / Lunch with Wine)|
|Day 3||Sacred Valley||On To The Sacred Valley.: Board your flight to Cusco and continue on to Peru's Sacred Valley. Visit the colourful market in the town of Chinchero. Afterwards, meet Nilda Callanaupa Alvarez, a Quechua scholar, president of the Center for Traditional Textiles of Cusco, and a recipient of a TreadRight Foundation grant. Have lunch with Nilda and learn about her mission to preserve traditional weaving techniques and how she has succeeded in bringing weaving once more to the forefront of her community. Later in the afternoon, check in to your luxurious spa resort. (Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner with Wine)|
Tambo del Inka, Sacred Valley.
|Day 4||Sacred Valley||Exploring the Sacred Valley.: In the town of Maras, you'll meet with a local family who explain ancient salt mining techniques. Visit the spectacular terraced salt pans and where you will have a chance to participate in the ancient tradition. The salt pans, dating back to Inca times, have been passed down through families for generations and today are maintained in much the same way as they were long ago. Dine the local way as you feast on a typical Peruvian meal, a caja china lunch of fresh vegetables and slow-roasted meats, all cooked in a wooden box. After lunch, witness a private Pachamama Ceremony, or 'Payment to the Earth,' as a local shaman performs the centuries-old ritual. (Breakfast / Lunch)|
|Day 5||Machu Picchu||Journey to Machu Picchu.: Today you'll visit the town of Ollantaytambo, a national archeological site set on the Urubamba River. Afterwards, board your first-class seats on the Vistadome train for your scenic journey to Machu Picchu village. Enjoy lunch at your rejuvenating resort followed by a guided exploration of its nature trails and fascinating cloud forest ecosystem. One for tea lovers, the afternoon will be spent discovering a working tea plantation, before viewing the world's largest private collection of indigenous orchids. In the evening, learn how to blend the perfect pisco sour before enjoying dinner with wine at the hotel. (Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner with Wine)|
Inkaterra Machu Picchu Pueblo Hotel.
|Day 6||Machu Picchu||Mysterious Machu Picchu.: No trip to Peru would be complete without visiting the famous UNESCO World Heritage Site of Machu Pichu. With Luxury Gold, you'll arrive at this striking archeological site before the crowds of day-trippers. Meet your Local Expert for a guided exploration through the enigmatic Lost City of the Incas, rediscovered only 100 years ago by archaeologist Hiram Bingham. See the great Temple of the Sun, Sacred Plaza and the Intihuatana, believed to be an ancient sun clock. In the afternoon, enjoy time to explore Machu Picchu at your leisure or return to your resort. After a full day of discovery, enjoy a delicious dinner with wine, where you can share stories of your day with fellow guests in the serenity of your tranquil hotel. (Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner with Wine)|
|Day 7||Cusco||Return to Cusco.: Bid goodbye to Machu Picchy as you travel through the Sacred Valley by train en route to Cusco. Stop for a traditional Highlight Lunch and savor a sumptuous Pachamanca Feast of Peruvian cuisine cooked underground. After lunch, get up-close to llamas, guanacos, alpacas and even the rare vicunas before arriving at your hotel in Cusco, steps away from the Plaza de Armas. (Breakfast / Lunch)|
JW Marriott El Convento Cusco.
|Day 8||Cusco||Colonial Cusco.: Join your Local Expert to explore Cusco, where you'll check out the Temple of the Sun at Korikancha, the cathedral and the citadel of Sacsayhuaman. Shop like the locals do at the San Blas artisan centre. Enjoy free time for shopping on the Plaza de Armas, where you can stock up on a few souvenirs. In the evening, enjoy a candlelit Highlight Dinner with wine at one of the city's most prominent culinary scenes, the MAP Restaurant in the central Museum of Pre-Colombian Art. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
|Day 9||Puno||Lake Region of Peru.: Board your included flight to Juliaca and continue to Puno, nestled along the majestic shores of Lake Titicaca. The peaceful, lakeside Libertador Hotel on Esteves Island is your home away from home. (Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner with Wine)|
Libertador Lake Titicaca, Puno.
|Day 10||Puno||The Floating Islands of Lake Titicaca.: Cruise Lake Titicaca to the floating islands of Uros, where locals bundle reeds from the lake to build floating platforms, houses and canoes. On Amantani Island, join the local community for a lunch of regional specialties. Afterwards, you can explore local handicrafts before returning to Puno, where you can relax until your evening dinner with wine. (Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner with Wine)|
|Day 11||Lima||Puno, Back to Lima.: Head to Sillustani on the shores of Lake Umayo to explore the impressive burial grounds, before your flight to Lima. Savor a sensational Highlight Dinner with wine at the world-renowned Astrid y Gaston. In the ambiance of a magnificent San Isidro hacienda, Chef Gaston Acurio Jaramillo - the father of modern gastronomy in Peru - dreams up innovative dishes for you to enjoy. (Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner with Wine)|
JW Marriott Hotel Lima (Ocean View Rooms).
|Day 12||Santiago||Fly to Santiago.: Bid farewell to Lima as you fly to Santiago, Chile's capital and largest city. In the evening, enjoy a Highlight Dinner and get a taste of Chile. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Mandarin Oriental Santiago.
|Day 13||Santiago||The Sights of Santiago, Valparaiso and Wine Country.: Meet a Local Expert for an in-depth city exploration before visiting the UNESCO-listed port of Valparaiso. Visit the boutique Kingston Family Winery in the Casablanca Valley for a local wine tasting. Return to Santiago for the evening. (Breakfast)|
|Day 14||Buenos Aires||Fly to Buenos Aires.: Enjoy a leisurely morning before flying to Buenos Aires, where you'll spend the next couple of days. This evening, taste famed Argentinean beef, a local specialty, during a Highlight Dinner with wine at Piegari Carnes. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Alvear Palace Hotel, Buenos Aires.
|Day 15||Buenos Aires||Beautiful Buenos Aires.: Get to know Buenos Aires with a Local Expert as you explore the neighborhoods of Palermo, San Telmo and Recoleta. View the balcony made famous by Eva Peron, the former First Lady of Argentina, and walk the colourful streets of La Boca. Experience Buenos Aires Your Way with a visit to the regal Belle Epoque Teatro Colon theatre or the historical Barolo Palace. Experience an electrifying evening of live music, singers and dancers at Rojo Tango during your Highlight Dinner with Wine. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
|Day 16||Pampas, Estancias and Gauchos||Pampas, Estancias and Gauchos.: Experience a Candelaria del Monte, a working farm in the Argentine pampas. Step into a world of riding boots and leather chaps at the estancia, where you will be served a delicious asado Highlight Lunch and a taste of the life of an Argentinian gaucho, or cowboy. (Breakfast / Lunch with Wine)|
|Day 17||Iguassu||The Falls of Iguassu.: Fly to Iguassu Falls, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Venture to the Argentinean side of the falls to see the unfathomable Devil's Throat with your Local Expert. Dinner is served at your luxurious resort, the only hotel inside the Brazilian Iguassu National Park, where you'll choose from a selection of traditional Brazilian barbecue or international cuisine. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Belmond Hotel das Cataratas, Iguassu.
|Day 18||Iguassu||The 'Great Waters' of Iguassu Falls.: Wake up inside the park and beat the crowds. Join a Local Expert for a walk on the Brazilian side of the falls, where you'll witness panoramic views of San Martin Island and visit incredible Bird Park, which provides shelter for over a thousand birds, butterflies and reptiles from across South America. (Breakfast)|
|Day 19||Rio de Janeiro||Rio de Janeiro, City of Sea and Samba.: Fly to vibrant Rio de Janeiro and transfer to your hotel on iconic Copacabana Beach, famous for its three-mile stretch of golden sand and bustling energy. Settle into the local way of life, with a Highlight Dinner at a traditional Brazilian steakhouse followed by a lively samba show at Ginga Tropical. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Belmond Copacabana Palace, Rio de Janeiro.
|Day 20||Rio de Janeiro||Exploring Rio de Janeiro.: Join a Local Expert on a cable car to the top of Sugarloaf Mountain, for breathtaking panoramic views of the city. Savour a Highlight Lunch at Confieiraria Colombo, a century-old cafe in a lavish setting. Explore a different side of Rio as you visit one its favelas, with a special introduction to Bob Nadkarni, founder of The Maze, an iconic jazz club and community hot spot. (Breakfast / Lunch with Wine)|
|Day 21||Rio de Janeiro||A Farewell to Rio de Janeiro.: Join your Local Expert on a train ride up Corcovado Hill to Christ the Redeemer, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and modern wonder of the world. Toast your journey over a remarkable Celebration Dinner at the exceptional, Michelin-starred MEE Restaurant. Asian and Brazilian flavors come together through innovative dishes served up by Executive Chef Kazuo Harada. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
|Day 22||Rio de Janeiro||Depart Rio de Janeiro.: A private transfer will take you to the Antonio Carlos Jobim International Airport, locally known as Galeao International. (Breakfast)|
- Notes: Twin prices are per person. (3b) Trips operate as per 2018 brochure. Prices include economy air and air-related charges for flights between Lima - Cusco, Cusco - Juliaca, Juliaca - Lima, Lima - Santiago, Santiago - Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires - Iguassu Falls and Iguassu Falls - Rio de Janeiro and require purchase of round trip air travel on LATAM between your gateway city and the itinerary's start and end gateway cities (ticket number required). If flying with another airline between your gateway city and the itinerary's start and end gateway cities, the above prices will be higher. This trip experiences high elevations, we recommend guests with preexisting medical conditions talk with a doctor prior to travel. (7) These departures have availability of Quito and the Galapagos Islands Cruise. Please see Grand South America with Quito and Galapagos Islands Cruise for details. (6) Special Small Groups: This departure is limited to just 24 guests.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class