Brochure Type: Latin America Luxury Gold 2019
A continent rich in natural wonders, historic cities and imposing monuments, you've made it to South America. With imposing mountain ranges, ethereal waters and an exotic wildness, it is little surprise this enchanting part of the world is also known as the 'land of poets', its sweeping landscapes having influenced the works of Pablo Neruda and Gabriela Mistral. From this wondrous palette, we've fashioned a harmonious holiday, steeped in opulence and layered in the Latin way of life. From Sugarloaf cityscapes to the thundering chasm of the Devil's Throat and Incan ruins, you'll experience the best of South America.
- Buenos Aires: Savour a delicious meal, fabulous live music, solo singers and a breathtaking display of authentic tango at Rojo Tango.
- Rio de Janeiro: Enjoy elegant bayside surroundings with a Highlight Dinner at the flagship Fogo de Chao, a typical Brazilian Steakhouse where a variety of meats are barbecued in authentic 'churrasco style.'
- Santiago: Savour a Highlight Dinner at Cafe in Lasterria, Santiago's trendiest neighbourhood.
- Dining Summary: 10 Breakfasts (B), 2 Lunches (L) and 6 Dinners with wine (DW).
- Buenos Aires: With a Local Expert, your comprehensive city exploration includes a visit to the splendid Belle Epoque Teatro Colon.
- Iguassu Falls: Join a Local Expert for a spectacular walk past thundering curtains of water and misty rainbows on both Brazilian and Argentinian sides of the falls.
- Rio de Janeiro: Experience sightseeing with a Local Expert and a cable car journey to the lofty heights of Sugarloaf Mountain.
- Santiago: Meet a Local Expert for an exploration of the Chilean capital.
- Buenos Aires: Distinguishable by its architecture and decor, the Alvear Palace Hotel is a hallmark of world class hotels.
- Iguassu: The luxurious Belmond das Cataratas is the only hotel inside the National Park and sits alongside the falls.
- Rio de Janeiro: With a prime location overlooking Copacabana Beach, the iconic Belmond Copacabana Palace offers an unforgettable stay in timeless luxury.
- Santiago: The Singular Santiago is a five-star luxury hotel located in the Lastarria section of Chile's capital.
- Rio de Janeiro: Meet Bob Nadkarni, a local club owner, and hear how he created one of the most famous jazz clubs in all of South America, The Maze.
- You will be escorted by one of our fine Travelling Concierges, handpicked to serve as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Enjoy the comfort of Luxury Gold's air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom, onboard restroom and and complimentary bottled water for you to enjoy while travelling.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary.
- At every hotel, you'll be treated to seamless baggage handling, with prompt delivery inside your room.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travelling Concierge will enchant you with a Luxury Gold Flourish, which is a local speciality representing the destination.
- Complimentary, private airport transfers are included on start and end dates and when additional accommodation has been booked through Luxury Gold.
Call (800) 979-2266 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14376273
- Tour Operator
- Luxury Gold by Insight
- Offer valid through 6/30/2019
- 11 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Chile||Welcome to Chile.: On arrival at Santiago International Airport, you will be met and transferred to your luxurious hotel. At 18:00, join your Travelling Concierge and fellow travellers for a Welcome Dinner. (Dinner with Wine)|
Mandarin Oriental Santiago.
|Day 2||Santiago||The Sights of Santiago, Valparaiso and Wine Country.: Meet a Local Expert for an in-depth city exploration before visiting the UNESCO-listed port of Valparaiso. Visit the boutique Kingston Family Winery in the Casablanca Valley for a local wine tasting. Return to Santiago for the evening. (Breakfast)|
|Day 3||Buenos Aires||Fly to Buenos Aires.: Enjoy a leisurely morning before flying to Buenos Aires, where you'll spend the next couple of days. This evening, taste famed Argentinean beef, a local specialty, during a Highlight Dinner with wine at Piegari Carnes. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Alvear Palace Hotel, Buenos Aires.
|Day 4||Buenos Aires||Beautiful Buenos Aires.: Get to know Buenos Aires with a Local Expert as you explore the neighborhoods of Palermo, San Telmo and Recoleta. View the balcony made famous by Eva Peron, the former First Lady of Argentina, and walk the colourful streets of La Boca. Experience Buenos Aires Your Way with a visit to the regal Belle Epoque Teatro Colon theatre or the historical Barolo Palace. Experience an electrifying evening of live music, singers and dancers at Rojo Tango during your Highlight Dinner with Wine. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
|Day 5||Pampas, Estancias and Gauchos||Pampas, Estancias and Gauchos.: Experience a Candelaria del Monte, a working farm in the Argentine pampas. Step into a world of riding boots and leather chaps at the estancia, where you will be served a delicious asado Highlight Lunch and a taste of the life of an Argentinian gaucho, or cowboy. (Breakfast / Lunch with Wine)|
|Day 6||Iguassu||The Falls of Iguassu.: Fly to Iguassu Falls, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Venture to the Argentinean side of the falls to see the unfathomable Devil's Throat with your Local Expert. Dinner is served at your luxurious resort, the only hotel inside the Brazilian Iguassu National Park, where you'll choose from a selection of traditional Brazilian barbecue or international cuisine. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Belmond Hotel das Cataratas, Iguassu.
|Day 7||Iguassu||The 'Great Waters' of Iguassu Falls.: Wake up inside the park and beat the crowds. Join a Local Expert for a walk on the Brazilian side of the falls, where you'll witness panoramic views of San Martin Island and visit incredible Bird Park, which provides shelter for over a thousand birds, butterflies and reptiles from across South America. (Breakfast)|
|Day 8||Rio de Janeiro||Rio de Janeiro, City of Sea and Samba.: Fly to vibrant Rio de Janeiro and transfer to your hotel on iconic Copacabana Beach, famous for its three-mile stretch of golden sand and bustling energy. Settle into the local way of life, with a Highlight Dinner at a traditional Brazilian steakhouse followed by a lively samba show at Ginga Tropical. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Belmond Copacabana Palace, Rio de Janeiro.
|Day 9||Rio de Janeiro||Exploring Rio de Janeiro.: Join a Local Expert on a cable car to the top of Sugarloaf Mountain, for breathtaking panoramic views of the city. Savour a Highlight Lunch at Confieiraria Colombo, a century-old cafe in a lavish setting. Explore a different side of Rio as you visit one its favelas, with a special introduction to Bob Nadkarni, founder of The Maze, an iconic jazz club and community hot spot. (Breakfast / Lunch with Wine)|
|Day 10||Rio de Janeiro||A Farewell to Rio de Janeiro.: Join your Local Expert on a train ride up Corcovado Hill to Christ the Redeemer, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and modern wonder of the world. Toast your journey over a remarkable Celebration Dinner at the exceptional, Michelin-starred MEE Restaurant. Asian and Brazilian flavors come together through innovative dishes served up by Executive Chef Kazuo Harada. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
|Day 11||Rio de Janeiro||Depart Rio de Janeiro.: A private transfer will take you to the Antonio Carlos Jobim International Airport, locally known as Galeao International. (Breakfast)|
- Notes: Twin prices are per person. (3b) Trips operate as per 2018 brochure. Prices include economy air and air-related charges for flights between Santiago - Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires - Iguassu Falls and Iguassu Falls - Rio de Janeiro and require purchase of round trip air travel on LATAM between your gateway city and the itinerary's start and end gateway cities (ticket number required). If flying with another airline between your gateway city and the itinerary's start and end gateway cities, the above prices will be higher. This trip experiences high elevations, we recommend guests with preexisting medical conditions talk with a doctor prior to travel. (6) Special Small Groups: This departure is limited to just 24 guests.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class