2019: Fatima, Lourdes & Shrines of Spain - Faith-Based Travel (5310)
12 days from Lisbon to Barcelona
Call (800) 979-2266 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14358824
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 6/30/2019
- 12 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Lisbon||Welcome to Portugal! Check into your hotel, and tonight, meet your Tour Director and fellow travelers.|
|Day 2||Fatima||On your guided sightseeing tour of the capital of Portugal, see the enormous monument dedicated to Henry the Navigator, as well as the 16th-century Belem Tower, the Moorish citadel, and impressive Black Horse Square. Visit the CATHEDRAL LA SE', whereSt. Anthony was baptized, and JERONIMOS MONASTERY, which dates back to the mid-1400s and was built in thanks to the Virgin Mary for Vasco de Gama's successful voyage to India. Head north for a stop in Santarem to visit the CHURCH OF THE EUCHARISTIC HOLY MIRACLE. Arrive in Fatima, home to one of the most famous Catholic shrines. Enjoy an orientation walk and visit the TOMB OF THE VISIONARIES and the CHAPEL OF THE APPARITIONS made famous by the Virgin Mary's 1917 appearances to three shepherd children, which culminated in the revelation of the Three Secrets of Fatima. This evening, join pilgrims from around the world for the ROSARY and candlelight procession at the Our Lady of Fatima Basilica. (B,D)|
|Day 3||Fatima||Today, spend the day at the Sanctuary at leisure, or join an optional excursion to Tomar with a visit to the Monastery-Fortress of the Knights Templar. This afternoon, attend [M] Mass at the Sanctuary of Our Lady with time to wander on your own. This evening, perhaps join the Rosary. (B,D)|
|Day 4||Santiago de Compostela||Journey north this morning and stop in Braga, one of the oldest Christian cities in the world and nicknamed the 'Portuguese Rome.' Visit the BOM JESUS DO MONTE SANCTUARY, an important pilgrimage site, where devout followers have walked the 'Stations of the Cross' for contemplation and penance since 1811. See the unique zigzag stairway dedicated to the five senses: sight, smell, hearing, touch, and taste-and the three theological virtues: faith, hope, and charity. Continue into Spain and head for Santiago de Compostela, one of the top pilgrimage destinations since the Middle Ages. On arrival, an orientation walk introduces you to the old city center. Then, attend the [M] Pilgrims Mass in ST. JAMES' CATHEDRAL, which houses the Apostle James' remains beneath the high alter. (B,D)|
|Day 5||Santiago de Compostela||This morning, join an optional excursion to Cabo Finisterre, where pilgrims have traditionally completed their walk and burned their robes. Later, return to Santiago de Compostela, known throughout history for the key 9th-century pilgrimage route, the Camino de Santiago (or Way of St. James) with time to explore on your own. (B)|
|Day 6||Burgos||Today, travel to Burgos, historic capital of Old Castile. Your visit takes you to the magnificent CATHEDRAL, a masterpiece of gothic architecture and burial place of Spain's national hero, El Cid. (B)|
|Day 7||-LOURDES||Travel through the Basque region toward Lourdes. En route, stop at the 17th-century SANCTUARY OF LOYOLA, built in honor of San Ignacio de Loyola, founder of the Jesuit religious order. Cross into France and stay overnight in Lourdes, home to another of the world's most famous places of pilgrimage. Join the nightly ROSARY and candlelight procession for a memorable spiritual experience. (B,D)|
|Day 8||Lourdes||Today's guided walking tour includes the GROTTO, where the Virgin Mary appeared to St. Bernadette in 1858, OUR LADY OF LOURDES SHRINE, BERNADETTE'S BIRTHPLACE, and her family home. The afternoon is at leisure to further explore this little market town. According to the schedule, attend [M] Mass at the Sanctuary either early in the morning or in the eveing. (B,D)|
|Day 9||Barcelona||This morning, head for the France/Spain border. En route, visit the FORTIFIED CITADEL of Carcassonne, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. See the ramparts, castle walls, and drawbridges that are still well preserved from the Middle Ages. Stay overnight in Catalonia's lively and beautiful capital, Barcelona. (B)|
|Day 10||Barcelona||Today's guided sightseeing includes a drive around Montjuic to see the Olympic Stadium for a great panoramic view of the port and city. Continue to the city center's Plaza Catalunya and Paseo de Gracia to admire Gaudi's eccentric Houses Batllo and Mila, as well as his SAGRADA FAMILIA, an unfinished architectural masterpiece that is still a consecrated expression of the Catholic faith. (B)|
|Day 11||Barcelona||Today is at leisure to explore as you like. Maybe join the optional excursion to the pilgrimage site of Montserrat and its countryside. Situated 4,055 feet above sea level in a mountain range composed of striking pink conglomerate, a form of sedimentary rock, this is the site of the Benedictine abbey that hosts the Black Virgin of Montserrat Sanctuary, patron saint of Catalonia. This evening, enjoy dinner at a local restaurant. (B,D)|
|Day 12||Barcelona||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Prices are per person, based on double room occupancy.Single room supplement: $485, $380 (February 4 & December 23, 2019) & (February 4, 2020);Guaranteed shares available.No triple room reduction.2020 departures are subject to itinerary and price modification.
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Cosmos, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Cosmos, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Cosmos to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Cosmos Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Cosmos menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Cosmos offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Cosmos in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Cosmos has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Cosmos).