Majesty of the Rockies with Stampede GoldLeaf (Summer 2019)
Brochure Type: Luxury Gold 2019
Take in the majesty of the Rocky Mountains as you travel in luxurious comfort by road, rail and sea to the most dazzling national parks, glaciers and historic villages of Western Canada and Alaska. Savour delicious local cuisine in trendy Vancouver and meet passionate Local Experts, as you discover Mother Nature's bounties from the Rockies to the waters of Alaska.
- Vancouver: Enjoy a Welcome Dinner with wine at the Zagat-rated YEW Seafood + Bar inside the Four Seasons Vancouver.
- Whistler: Enjoy a delectable Highlight Dinner with fresh seafood or perfectly grilled steak at Hy's Steakhouse.
- Kelowna: Your resort's reputation for fine food is hard to overlook - join us for a Dinner with wine.
- Lake Louise: Enjoy a unique collection of Whistler restaurants during your Dine-Around Evening.
- Banff: Experience traditional, regional and contemporary a la carte dining with your choice of fine restaurants at the Fairmont.
- Jasper: Enjoy a glass of liqueur with friends before roasting s'mores around a bonfire and stargazing.
- Dining Summary: 13 Breakfasts (B), 7 Dinners with Wine (DW); On-board Rocky Mountaineer: 2 Breakfasts (B), 2 Lunches (L), on-board snacks and all beverages, including alcohol; On-board Inside Passage Cruise: 7 Breakfasts (B), 6 Lunches (L) and 7 Dinners (D).
- Victoria: The oldest city in the Pacific Northwest and the gem of British Columbia, Victoria is a grand, elegant wonder. Explore this Garden City with her historic charm, baroque architecture, colourful squares and lively waterfront.
- Athabasca Glacier: Travel in a specially designed Ice Explorer for a remarkable excursion onto the icy slopes.
- Maligne Lake: Cruise along the crystal-clear, reflective waters of Canada's most famous lake. Prepare for a breathtaking display of nature's beauty as you learn how early French Traders navigated waters crowned by snow-laden peaks and nestled between glaciers.
- Vancouver: Cross the spectacular Capilano Suspension Bridge, 230-foot-high (70 metres), for a squirrel's eye view.
- Vancouver: Rising above Pacific Centre, Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver offers award-winning relaxed, urban luxury.
- Victoria: The Hotel Grand Pacific is perched right on the Inner Harbou, close to Victoria's downtown.
- Whistler: The Four Seasons Resort Whistler is a luxurious retreat in alpine meadows.
- Kelowna: Gorgeous Okanagan Lake provides the backdrop for an unforgettable hotel at the Delta Hotels by Marriott Grand Okanagan Resort with views of the lake, the mountains, and the Kelowna city skyline.
- Lake Louise: Surrounded by soaring mountain peaks, the majestic Victoria Glacier and a glistening emerald lake, the iconic Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise hotel is located in Alberta's Banff National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Banff: Canada's "Castle in the Rockies", the Fairmont Banff Springs, has been providing legendary hospitality to guests for more than 125 years.
- Jasper: Situated in Jasper National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, which wraps around the shores of pristine Lac Beauvert surrounded by nature and abundant wildlife.
- Sun Peaks: An internationally renowned year-round destination resort offering luxury in the heart of Sun Peaks.
- Whistler: With your Squamish Lil'wat Ambassador take part in a tea workshop with a master-blender and create your own unique blend.
- Banff: Enjoy a private meeting with a retired Royal Canadian Mountie to learn about the service and hear his personal stories.
- Be escorted by the creme de la creme of Insight Travelling Concierges - handpicked for every departure. This skilled guide will act as consummate organiser and be your 'friend in a foreign land'.
- Enjoy the unique comfort of Insight's luxury air-conditioned 40 guest coach, with extended leg room and an on-board restroom. It's Business Class comfort, complete with complimentary bottled water for you to enjoy during your luxury coaching tour.
- A personal radio headset gives you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating insights and commentaries.
- At every hotel, you'll be treated to seamless baggage handling with prompt delivery right to your door.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. Plus, we include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi.
- With Luxury Gold Flourishes, from time to time, your Travelling Concierge will enchant you with local tidbits, each representing authentic food or beverages unique to the destination.
- Included airport transfers on first and last itinerary day.
Call (800) 979-2266 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14239393
- Tour Operator
- Luxury Gold by Insight
- Offer valid through 3/31/2019
- 16 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Vancouver||Vibrant Vancouver.: On arrival at Vancouver International Airport, you'll be met and transferred to your hotel. At 18:00, join your Travelling Concierge for a Welcome Dinner with wine at the Zagat-rated YEW Seafood + Bar. (Dinner with Wine)|
Four Seasons Hotel, Vancouver.
|Day 2||Victoria||Victoria - Putting the British into British Columbia.: This morning, experience the best of Vancouver during your exclusive sightseeing tour. Later, board your ferry and relax in the exclusive SeaWest Lounge all the way to Victoria. On arrival, an orientation tour will introduce you to the city's highlights. The rest of the day is yours to do as you please until your Highlight Dinner at a local restaurant, situated on Victoria's beautiful waterfront. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Hotel Grand Pacific, Victoria.
|Day 3||Victoria||Exploring Victoria.: Begin the day with breakfast served at Butchart Gardens' Blue Poppy Restaurant and gain access to the stunning grounds before they are open to the general public. You'll have ample time to explore before enjoying the afternoon at leisure in Victoria. Why not head to Royal British Columbia Museum or explore downtown Victoria and take a stroll along the beautiful inner harbor. (Breakfast)|
|Day 4||Whistler||The Ultimate Resort of Whistler.: Journey across the Strait of Georgia back to the mainland and continue along the scenic Sea-to-Sky highway. En route to Whistler, stop to view roaring Shannon Falls. If you've enjoyed this years' Winter Olympics, why not learn more in Whistler, the host of the 2010 Winter Olympics? Explore Whistler and learn about its ascendancy onto the world stage. Dine at the AAA rated four-diamond restaurant SIDECUT for a Highlight Dinner of featuring a modern take on traditional steakhouse fare.Rest up at the Four Seasons Resort, Whistler, a luxurious retreat set against a backdrop of alpine meadows. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Four Seasons Resort Whistler.
|Day 5||Whistler||First Nations Culture and History.: In the morning, a First Nations Ambassador welcomes you at the award-winning Squamish Lil'wat Cultural Centre, showcasing the native peoples' art, history and culture. Once here, you'll learn about traditional teas important to the region, before taking part in a one-of-a-kind holistic tea workshop, creating your own tea blend from the forest and local flora. The rest of the day is yours to do as you please. Why not take an easy nature walk around Lost Lake or head to Whistler Museum, where you can find out about Whistler's early settlers? (Breakfast)|
|Day 6||Kelowna||The Napa Valley of the North.: Travel into the lush Okanagan Valley region. Known for producing some of the best wines in the world, this fertile land holds the majority of vineyard acreage in the province and is home to both boutique vineyards and larger distinguished operations. Savour a delicious Dinner with wine at your luxury hotel, prepared using fresh, seasonal ingredients from the valley. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Grand Okanagan Resort, Kelowna.
|Day 7||Lake Louise||Canada's Exquisite National Parks.: Journey through four of Canada's most breath-taking National Parks - Mount Revelstoke, Glacier, Yoho and Banff - with informative talks on the distinguishing highlights of each park. En route, stop at Emerald Lake, one of Canada's most outstanding wilderness settings. Famed for its vibrant colour, this iconic beauty spot offers an idyllic photo opportunity. In the afternoon, enjoy an engaging nature talk at Lake Louise before strolling along the lake, before continuing to the iconic Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise for your stay. For your evening meal, choose from one of the resort's four unique dining venues, including contemporary Canadian cuisine at the Fairview or Italian dishes at Lago Italian Kitchen. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise.
|Day 8||Banff National Park||The Unspoiled Wilderness of Banff National Park.: This morning, visit Moraine Lake in the Valley of the Ten Peaks. Explore Banff Your Way and choose to ride the Banff Gondola or visit Whyte Museum. Later, join a private meet-and-greet with a retired Royal Canadian Mounted Policeman. Hear fascinating tales of what it's like to wear the famous red serge uniform, before having the opportunity to ask questions and have your picture taken with the Mountie. For dinner, choose from a selection of restaurants at your hotel, with each taking pride in sourcing fresh ingredients from local farmers, purveyors and artisans. Get some royal shut eye at The Fairmont Banff Springs, otherwise known as Canada's 'Castle in the Rockies'. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
The Fairmont Banff Springs.
|Day 9||Banff National Park||Banff Sights at Leisure.: Enjoy a full day at leisure to take in the wonders of Banff at your own pace. Your Traveling Concierge is on hand to assist with local recommendations. (Breakfast)|
|Day 10||Calgary||Banff to Calgary.: Travel to Calgary, your home for the next two nights. Later, revel in the evening chuckwagon races and live musical entertainment. (Breakfast)|
|Day 11||Calgary||Calgary Stampede: Visit the world's largest rodeo and take in all the action. Enjoy access to all the events including the world-famous rodeo and fairgrounds. (Breakfast)|
|Day 12||Jasper National Park||Along the Icefields Parkway to Jasper National Park.: Motor along the unforgettable Icefields Parkway and witness amazing scenery. Climb on-board a specially designed Ice Explorer for a guided tour over steep grades, snow and ice as you ascend part way up the glacier of the Athabasca Glacier. Your home for the next two nights, in the heart of Jasper National Park is an alpine wonderland. In the evening, enjoy a Farewell Celebration Dinner with wine at the hotel before joining your friends around a roaring fire for liqueur and s'mores. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
The Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge.
|Day 13||Jasper National Park||Jasper National Park and Iconic Maligne Lake.: In the morning, embark on a private, narrated cruise on the serene waters of iconic Maligne Lake (seasonal). Stop at Spirit Island, one of the most photographed sites of the Canadian Rockies. Then, join your Travelling Concierge for an informative walk at Maligne Canyon. Gain a unique perspective of the beautiful park as you join a National Park Guide on an afternoon scenic float trip (waiver required) down the Athabasca River. (Breakfast)|
The Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge.
|Day 14||Jasper National Park||On-Board the Rocky Mountaineer.: Enjoy GoldLeaf Service as you journey through the Rocky Mountains to Vancouver and the Pacific Ocean. Your carriage has two levels: take in dazzling vistas upstairs from the glass-topped dome coach; and enjoy gourmet meals downstairs, prepared by talented on-board chefs. View spectacular scenery as the train crosses the Continental Divide back to British Columbia. On arrival at Kamloops, your bags will be waiting in your hotel room. (Breakfast / Lunch)|
Assigned by Rocky Mountaineer.
|Day 15||On to Vancouver||On to Vancouver.: Your magical GoldLeaf ride on-board the Rocky Mountaineer continues. Relax while rail staff ensure your every need is attended to. On arrival at Vancouver, you will be transferred to your luxurious trip hotel. (Breakfast / Lunch)|
Four Seasons Hotel, Vancouver.
|Day 16||Vancouver||Depart Vancouver.: It's time to say goodbye to your fellow travelers. An included transfer will take you to Vancouver International Airport. Guests may extend their stay at the luxurious Four Seasons in Vancouver. (Breakfast)|
- Notes: Twin prices are per person. Triple and Single Staterooms are on a request basis only. For Land & Cruise options, please note Guaranteed Room Share is not available. The prices shown above include port taxes, tips & fuel surcharge and are accurate as of 29 May 2018. Certain departures feature the Calgary Stampede and include two additional nights at the Westin Calgary with entry to the Calgary Stampede. Please see our Majesty of the Rockies with Calgary Stampede for itinerary details. Certain departures will stay at The Fairmont Banff Springs instead of The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise. All departures cruise on the MS Nieuw Amsterdam. This itinerary does not offer breakfast in room. For the Jasper Scenic Float Trip, participation is at your own risk and a signed liability waiver will be required.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class