Brochure Type: Latin America Luxury Gold 2019
The mysterious world of the ancient Inca Empire pairs nicely with the flavours of a modern gastronomic powerhouse. From classic Peruvian dishes such as ceviche, to a traditional Pachamanca Feast in Sacred Valley, you'll be inspired to introduce new recipes into your own cooking back home. These sumptuous dining experiences will fuel captivating days exploring the secrets of an ethereal part of the world. From the pulsating capital of Lima to the mist-cloaked mountains of Machu Picchu and the serene waters of South America's largest lake, you'll be spellbound by Peru.
- Cusco: Dine at MAP restaurant, one of the city's most prominent restaurants, situated on the lively, modern patio of the Museum of Pre-Colombian Art. This contemporary Peruvian haute cuisine restaurant offers an artistic dining experience, candlelit for a dazzling evening ambiance.
- Lima: Savour an innovative selection of Peruvian cuisine on a Celebration Dinner at Astrid y Gaston, among South America's most famous restaurants.
- Macchu Picchu: Learn how to blend the perfect pisco sour.
- Sacred Valley: Delight in a Pachamama Feast prepared in an underground oven and served in an exquisite garden in Ollantaytambo.
- Dining Summary: 11 Breakfasts (B), 9 Lunches (L) and 9 Dinners with wine (DW).
- Aguas Calientes: With a Local Expert, explore the cloud forest, visit a working tea plantation and an orchid farm.
- Cusco: Join a Local Expert to explore the Temple of Korikancha, Sacsayhuaman and the cathedral.
- Lake Titicaca: Cruise the lake and learn about the lifestyle and customs of the local people, who bundle reeds from the lake to build floating platforms, houses and canoes.
- Lima: Experience the beautiful 'City of Kings' through the eyes of a Local Expert.
- Machu Picchu: Spend a full day exploring the ancient Inca citadel of Machu Picchu, rediscovered by American historian Hiram Bingham in 1911 after being forgotten for centuries. A Local Expert helps you understand the enigmatic fortress abandoned by the Incas in the 16th century.
- Puno: Explore Sillustani to view the stone burial towers 'chullpas' that have dotted the shores since pre-Inca times.
- Sacred Valley: Learn of the importance of ancient rituals to the people of the Sacred Valley as a local shaman performs a a centuries-old ritual just for you that expresses reverence to the Earth.
- Cusco: The stylishly decorated and luxurious JW Marriott El Convento Cusco is built atop ancient Incan ruins.
- Lake Titicaca: Enjoy the sunsets on the lake from the only five-star hotel region, the Libertador.
- Lima: Explore the very best of Peru's capital city at the JW Marriott Hotel Lima.
- Machu Picchu: Inkaterra Machu Picchu Pueblo Hotel is an intimate Andean village with terraced hills, waterfalls, stone pathways and 81 whitewashed adobe casitas tucked away in the cloud forest.
- Sacred Valley: The elegant Tambo del Inka will ensure an indelible stay.
- Lima: Enjoy private access to the colonial balconies of the Archbishop's house in historic Lima and witness from this prestigious vantage point the famed changing of the guard at the Government Palace.
- Lima: Meet acclaimed local artist Victor Delfin, known for his monumental El Beso sculpture at his workshop in the city's trendy Barranco district.
Call (800) 979-2266 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14239285
- Tour Operator
- Luxury Gold by Insight
- Offer valid through 3/31/2019
- 12 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Lim||Arrive in Lima, Peru.: Welcome to Peru! On arrival at Lima International Airport, you will be greeted and transferred to your luxurious hotel in Miraflores. You can relax before meeting your Travelling Concierge at 18.00 for a Welcome Dinner, where you'll have the opportunity to get to know your fellow travelers over wine and dinner at Amoramar, in the trendy bohemian district Barranco. (Dinner with Wine)|
JW Marriott Hotel Lima (Ocean View Rooms).
|Day 2||Lima||Lima City of the Kings.: Experience the cultural metropolis of Lima through the eyes of a Local Expert. A mix of modern high rises and ancient temples, you'll delve into the history of the fascinating City of Kings. Explore the UNESCO-listed Historic Centre of Lima, view the cathedral, and visit the Monastery of San Francisco. A Highlight Lunch is served at CALA, known for mouth-watering Peruvian favourites. Experience Lima Your Way and visit the workshop of Victor Delfin, one of Peru's leading artists best known for his monumental El Beso sculpture, or take a guided visit to MATE-Museo Mario Testino, created by one of the world's most influential photographers. (Breakfast / Lunch with Wine)|
|Day 3||Sacred Valley||On To The Sacred Valley.: Board your flight to Cusco and continue on to Peru's Sacred Valley. Visit the colourful market in the town of Chinchero. Afterwards, meet Nilda Callanaupa Alvarez, a Quechua scholar, president of the Center for Traditional Textiles of Cusco, and a recipient of a TreadRight Foundation grant. Have lunch with Nilda and learn about her mission to preserve traditional weaving techniques and how she has succeeded in bringing weaving once more to the forefront of her community. Later in the afternoon, check in to your luxurious spa resort. (Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner with Wine)|
Tambo del Inka, Sacred Valley.
|Day 4||Sacred Valley||Exploring the Sacred Valley.: In the town of Maras, you'll meet with a local family who explain ancient salt mining techniques. Visit the spectacular terraced salt pans and where you will have a chance to participate in the ancient tradition. The salt pans, dating back to Inca times, have been passed down through families for generations and today are maintained in much the same way as they were long ago. Dine the local way as you feast on a typical Peruvian meal, a caja china lunch of fresh vegetables and slow-roasted meats, all cooked in a wooden box. After lunch, witness a private Pachamama Ceremony, or 'Payment to the Earth,' as a local shaman performs the centuries-old ritual. (Breakfast / Lunch)|
|Day 5||Machu Picchu||Journey to Machu Picchu.: Today you'll visit the town of Ollantaytambo, a national archeological site set on the Urubamba River. Afterwards, board your first-class seats on the Vistadome train for your scenic journey to Machu Picchu village. Enjoy lunch at your rejuvenating resort followed by a guided exploration of its nature trails and fascinating cloud forest ecosystem. One for tea lovers, the afternoon will be spent discovering a working tea plantation, before viewing the world's largest private collection of indigenous orchids. In the evening, learn how to blend the perfect pisco sour before enjoying dinner with wine at the hotel. (Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner with Wine)|
Inkaterra Machu Picchu Pueblo Hotel.
|Day 6||Machu Picchu||Mysterious Machu Picchu.: No trip to Peru would be complete without visiting the famous UNESCO World Heritage Site of Machu Pichu. With Luxury Gold, you'll arrive at this striking archeological site before the crowds of day-trippers. Meet your Local Expert for a guided exploration through the enigmatic Lost City of the Incas, rediscovered only 100 years ago by archaeologist Hiram Bingham. See the great Temple of the Sun, Sacred Plaza and the Intihuatana, believed to be an ancient sun clock. In the afternoon, enjoy time to explore Machu Picchu at your leisure or return to your resort. After a full day of discovery, enjoy a delicious dinner with wine, where you can share stories of your day with fellow guests in the serenity of your tranquil hotel. (Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner with Wine)|
|Day 7||Cusco||Return to Cusco.: Bid goodbye to Machu Picchy as you travel through the Sacred Valley by train en route to Cusco. Stop for a traditional Highlight Lunch and savor a sumptuous Pachamanca Feast of Peruvian cuisine cooked underground. After lunch, get up-close to llamas, guanacos, alpacas and even the rare vicunas before arriving at your hotel in Cusco, steps away from the Plaza de Armas. (Breakfast / Lunch)|
JW Marriott El Convento Cusco.
|Day 8||Cusco||Colonial Cusco.: Join your Local Expert to explore Cusco, where you'll check out the Temple of the Sun at Korikancha, the cathedral and the citadel of Sacsayhuaman. Shop like the locals do at the San Blas artisan centre. Enjoy free time for shopping on the Plaza de Armas, where you can stock up on a few souvenirs. In the evening, enjoy a candlelit Highlight Dinner with wine at one of the city's most prominent culinary scenes, the MAP Restaurant in the central Museum of Pre-Colombian Art. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
|Day 9||Puno||Lake Region of Peru.: Board your included flight to Juliaca and continue to Puno, nestled along the majestic shores of Lake Titicaca. The peaceful, lakeside Libertador Hotel on Esteves Island is your home away from home. (Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner with Wine)|
Libertador Lake Titicaca, Puno.
|Day 10||Puno||The Floating Islands of Lake Titicaca.: Cruise Lake Titicaca to the floating islands of Uros, where locals bundle reeds from the lake to build floating platforms, houses and canoes. On Amantani Island, join the local community for a lunch of regional specialties. Afterwards, you can explore local handicrafts before returning to Puno, where you can relax until your evening dinner with wine. (Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner with Wine)|
|Day 11||Lima||Puno, Back to Lima.: Head to Sillustani on the shores of Lake Umayo to explore the impressive burial grounds, before your flight to Lima. Savor a sensational Celebration Dinner with Wine at the world-renowned Astrid y Gaston. In the ambiance of a magnificent San Isidro hacienda, Chef Gaston Acurio Jaramillo - the father of modern gastronomy in Peru - dreams up innovative dishes for you to enjoy. (Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner with Wine)|
JW Marriott Hotel Lima (Ocean View Rooms).
|Day 12||Lima||Depart Lima.: Your Peruvian adventure draws to a close as you say goodbye to your fellow travellers and Travelling Concierge, before being transferred to Lima airport. (Breakfast)|
- Notes: Twin prices are per person. (3b) Trips operate as per 2018 brochure. Prices include economy air and air-related charges for flights between Lima - Cusco, Cusco - Juliaca, Juliaca - Lima and require purchase of round trip air travel on LATAM between your gateway city and the itinerary's start and end gateway cities (ticket number required). If flying with another airline between your gateway city and the itinerary's start and end gateway cities, the above prices will be higher. This trip experiences high elevations, we recommend guests with preexisting medical conditions talk with a doctor prior to travel. (7) These departures have availability of Quito and the Galapagos Islands Cruise. Please see Treasures of the Incas with Quito and Galapagos Islands Cruise for details. (6) Special Small Groups: This departure is limited to just 24 guests.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class